According to Article 49 of the Constitution of Ukraine, every citizen has the right to free medicine. But in fact, there is no free medicine in Ukraine. Basic services (consultation, primary examination, lab tests, etc.) are able to provide the Ministry of Health, but in the case of complex diseases, injuries or emergency care, the course of treatment can be significantly delayed, and also require significant financial expenses. Proceeding from this, in our days, Health insurance is vitally important.
The choice of Health insurance is a complex procedure.
- First, it is necessary to choose an insurance company with a good reputation and financial reliability from the Ukrainian market.
- Secondly, carefully examine all types of medical assistance, services and institutions that will serve the client.
- Thirdly, take into account all legal aspects when concluding a policy as well as the nuances that may arise during the term of its validity.
Protecting themselves from unnecessarily treated clients, the insurance companies impose a number of restrictions as to the insurance events. This is an important part of the policy, which must be carefully examined when signing.
What are the limitations?
- Anti-crisis clauses of the loss level – the policy wording provides for limiting the expenses of the Insurer with the amount you paid for insurance.
Example: You have paid 10,000 UAH for insurance. The insurance company writes the above mentioned clauses in the policy wording which will guarantee that that they do not pay you more than 10,000 UAH. And if at the same time the administrative costs will be added, then a paradoxical situation may arise when you pay the Insurer 10000 UAH for the policy, and the insurance company organizes treatment for no more than 7000 UAH.
- Restrictions on the quantity or scope of the insurance events – this could be a fixed period of hospital stay, fixed schedule and frequency of emergency calls, limitation of the amount of coverage for drug therapy during your stay in hospital and/or medicines limitation in general etc.
Example: There could be offered an additional option “extended coverage for medicines” But, as to the wording of this option it could be used only once within the policy period and only during the outpatient treatment.
- Formal options – the list of services that are included in the insurance program and remain unused within the period of insurance.
Example: for an additional premium, the policy includes services for preventive examination and therapeutic massage. At first glance, useful options, but the Insurer limits its use only at departmental and government institutions. This complicates the procedure for obtaining the service as the institutions operate on a schedule that often coincides with the client’s schedule. To go for a massage, you are to take time off. To take time off for 2-3 hours, including the time to travel getting 10 massage procedures, you are unlikely to succeed.
The examples given are the most common episodes in Health insurance and the person who has not involved in insurance business could ignore. In practice, such “little things” meet more often.
Consultants of the Consoris will provide you with the best offers on Health insurance. In the form of a comparative analysis, we will compile a list of proposals from leading insurance companies in the Ukrainian market, which includes:
- list of advantages, disadvantages and features of each individual proposal;
- the pricing of the proposed packages;
- analysis of the financial stability and reliability of each Insurer.
On the basis of this information, you will choose the best insurance product for the price and quality.
Consoris also provides a full range of services on issues that arise in the process of the Health insurance agreement, namely:
- Protection of client’s interests in disputable situations.
- Assistance with any problems with the service.
- Organization of the procedure for reimbursing self-spent funds.
- Free legal assistance
Our company is a large wholesale buyer who annually purchases premiums for tens of millions of UAH and place the risks for billions of UAH, therefore the services of Consoris are paid in the form of a discount from the insurance companies. You pay only the insurance premiums to the Insurers, and our services are paid by them. For more details about this, see the section “Insurance consulting“.